Well…last weekend I did it. I joined Weight Watchers. This first week has gone well. My family are my inspiration and they are really trying to support me in this. I am so thankful for them!
Weight Watchers has a new program, On this program, all fruits and vegetables are zero points, so I relied on those when I felt hungry. Raw green beans became my go-to snack food this past week as they provided the “crunch” I craved. Paired with hummus or a yogurt dip, I didn’t feel deprived. I keep telling myself it is a life style change. All in moderation.
For the first few days, I had oatmeal for breakfast because it was quick, filling, and easy to calculate. Then I started to get a little braver…experiment a little, while staying within my points. This breakfast sandwich is tasty, satisfying, and comes together in about five minutes. At only seven points, it is a sandwich that can be enjoyed daily.
It has only five ingredients:
- Arnold Sandwich Thins (3 points)
- 3 Egg Whites (1 point)
- 1 slice cheese or 3 ounces of Feta Cheese (3 points)
- Baby Spinach (0 points)
- Tomato slices (0 points)
For the egg whites, I used Egg Beaters brand egg whites…so convenient to measure out. You can use a fat-free or reduced fat cheese to lower the points, if you wish. I used cheddar, but it would be great with some feta too! 🙂
Let me know if you give this a try. Here’s to great week!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Arnold Sandwich Thins
- 1 slice cheese (or you could use 3 ounces of Feta cheese)
- tomato slices
- Toast the Sandwich Thin bread.
- While it toasts, scramble 3 egg whites.
- Add cheese so it will melt.
- Place egg and cheese onto bottom slice of toasted bread.
- Add tomato slices and baby spinach.
- Place top layer of bread and enjoy!