Welcome September! As we welcome the new month, we look forward to welcoming a new season…autumn.
Every store you go into these days is decked out for fall. From mums to candy corn to a variety of foods available with pumpkin flavor, the stores are preparing us for this approaching season.
Although I am trying to hold onto these last days of summer, I do feel fall creeping in. The days are getting shorter and there was a slight chill in the air this evening…just enough that we needed sweatshirts. Yes, fall is on it’s way.
I was chatting with my girl, Elisabeth, about her favorite things about fall and she responded by making a list. A written list, numbered from 1 to 20.
Yes, she is her mother’s daughter…a list maker.
I thought I would share that list with you. I’ve elaborated a bit…here and there. But, I did make a fun, festive printable for you of these fall favorites. I hope you enjoy!
These are Elisabeth’s top 20 fall favorites:
- Watching fall TV premiers. There are a few television shows that we love to watch as a family. We live for The Voice, The Goldbergs, and our favorite, Modern Family.
- Decorating the house. Colorful flowers, pumpkins, pine cones, and heavier textures help transform our home for fall.
- Fall Scents…Macintosh, spiced pumpkin, autumn wreath…My girl loves Yankee Candle.
- Going to a corn maze. Running, getting a little lost, giggling, and finding your way out…so much fun!
- Apple picking.
- Pumpkin picking.
- Enjoying a hay ride. When you are apple picking and pumpkin picking, you also enjoy a hay ride!
- Baking…anything with apples or pumpkin. Now, that you have picked apples and pumpkins, you need to bake. Here is our favorite recipe for pumpkin bars .
- Going to a Country Fair/Agricultural Fair. We live in New England, so it doesn’t get better than the Big E!
- Watching football. High school, college, or professional, we enjoy watching this game.
- Playing and watching fall sports…field hockey, soccer, cross country, volleyball…it’s fun to participate and cheer on our local athletes!
- Fall Foliage. Living in New England, the scenery with the beautifully colored leaves is just gorgeous.
- Jumping in piles of leaves
- Hot Apple Cider.
- Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds.
- Choosing a Halloween costume.
- Haunted Hayrides
- Enjoying s’mores around a fire.
- Thanksgiving dinner.
I’ve included a free, fun printable of some of these fall favorites for you to enjoy.
What are some of your favorite things about fall? What would you add to this list? I would love to hear your thoughts.